Thursday, May 15, 2014

Cutest Post Ever!


After a long search and a ton of back and forth with shelters and rescues, we finally found the puppy we were looking for. We ended up getting him from a friend of a friend of a friend. He is a Border Collie / Australian Shepherd mix. 




Say hello to the newest addition to the homestead, Higgs B Hallene. Named after the theoretical physicist Peter Higgs.Why you ask? Because this little guy gives mass to all the cuteness in the universe...







I am glad we finally found the right dog for our homestead. I will let Dara blog about the ridiculous ignorance we ran into at almost ever turn with the rescues and shelters we talked to. Let me just say, a dog should have a purpose, like taking care of and protecting livestock. One of the main reasons dogs are on anti-depressants, yes I know it sounds ridiculous but some are, is the fact that they have been divorced from their evolutionary instincts. No dog is an "inside" dog exclusively. I will leave it there and let Dara go off on the real tangent.








Here are two of my favorite things in the world. Swings and properly framed photographs. ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment